The GMOD wiki will be in read-only mode on Tuesday, March 11th, while we perform server upgrades. It will be back in action by Wednesday, March 12th.
- Mature release
- Development: inactive
- Support: active
A browser-based tool for the visual comparison of various maps (sequence, genetic, etc.) from any number of species. The CMap package also includes tools for curating map data.
- Perl 5.6.0 or higher
- A web server with CGI capabilites (e.g., Apache 1.x or 2.x)
- A relational database, e.g. MySQL (4.0+), Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, PostgreSQL, SQLite or Oracle (9.x)
- libgd (2.0.28 or higher) and [GD GD.pm (2.16 or higher)]
- Various Perl modules available on CPAN
- Gramene CMap User Tutorial,
- CMap_API (SVN)
- CMAP Schema
- CMAP Tutorial at Texas A & M
- CMap Version 2 Design
Also see the CMap FAQ.
Publications, Tutorials, and Presentations
Publications on or mentioning CMap
- CMap 1.01: a comparative mapping application for the Internet. 
- File:CMapGenomeInformatics2009.pdf, poster from Genome Informatics 2009
- File:CMapGBrowseSMBE2009.pdf from the GMOD Workshop at SMBE 2009
- File:2007 11 05 CMap GMOD.ppt from November 2007 GMOD Meeting
- File:BenFaga GMOD June 2006.ppt from June 2006 GMOD Meeting
- File:Cmap-050516.pdf from May 2005 GMOD Meeting
- File:Gramene-cmap-pag-poster-2005.pdf poster form 2005 Plant and Animal Genomics meeting.
- File:Cmap update sept 03.ppt from September 2003 GMOD Meeting.
- File:CMap Overview.pdf from May 2003 GMOD Meeting.
Contacts and Mailing Lists
|Mailing List Link||Description||Archive(s)|
|CMap||gmod-cmap||Discussion of CMap development, installation problems, etc.||Nabble (2010/05+), Sourceforge|
|gmod-cmap-commits||Notification of SVN activity for CMap.||Sourceforge|
CMap in the wildPublic installations of CMap:
- Composite Wheat Map
- Cotton Marker Database
- The Honey Bee genome database
- SCRI Plant Bioinformatics Group
- Brassica database
- Pristionchus pacificus Physical Map
- Comparitive Location Database
- Comparative mapping resource for grasses (plant)
- Populus at Oak Ridge
- Soybean Breeders Toolbox
- Genome Database for Rosaceae
NCGR's Legume Information System
- A publicly accessible legume resource that will integrate genetic and molecular data from multiple legume species and enable cross-species comparisons
More on CMap