News/Pathway Tools Workshop, August
Part 1: Tutorial, August 19-21
This introductory tutorial will educate the new user on aspects of Pathway Tools including basic use of the Pathway/Genome Navigator, Editors, and PathoLogic. Students can bring a genome and leave with a draft Pathway/Genome Database.
Tutorial space is limited.
Part 2: Workshop August 24-28
The workshop will combine formal presentations by groups outside SRI International (invited speakers and speakers selected through an abstract-submission process), tutorials by SRI International staff, and a hackathon. Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
- Share expertise on how to develop new organism-specific databases with Pathway Tools
- Present new scientific results achieved with Pathway Tools and BioCyc
- Share experiences on how to make the most of Pathway Tools
- Presentations by users on extensions they have developed to Pathway Tools
- Presentations by SRI International on recent and planned developments to the software, and on software APIs and the database schema, to educate users on how to compute with PGDBs
- Discussions of requested future enhancements to Pathway Tools and BioCyc
- Ideas for other software tools to integrate with Pathway Tools
- Group development of new Pathway Tools enhancements
Should you wish to make a presentation at the meeting, please submit a proposed title and abstract to email@example.com.
Please check the following website for updates.