This is the new server for GMOD.org. Please let us know if you notice anything weird while it's getting broken in.
News/Computational Biologist GrainGenes
GrainGenes is hiring a full-time Computational Biologist to be located in Albany, CA with a yearly salary range of $58,132 - $91,433 (GS-9/11). This is a USDA-ARS federal position for US citizens and nationals. The deadline is in two weeks on Dec 12, 2016.
To learn more about the position & apply, please go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457631400
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs bioinformatics analyses on biological data
- Ensures smooth, reliable, and secure operation of biological database computational infrastructure
- Participates in designing, maintaining, documenting, and monitoring processes and workflow related to genomic data acquisition, data maintenance, and data integrity.
- Serves as an informational resource on genomics database code and hardware, and provides guidance and assistance on the proper use and application of a biological database digital platform to users, team members, and researchers.
- Guides researchers, technicians, and others on sequence data quality assurance, storage, and extraction.