News/Bioinformaticians @ FDA
A conceptually new computational cloud paradigm of High performance Integrated Virtual Environment (HIVE) is being developed at Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) for High Throughput Sequencing (HTS) XL-data storage and analysis.
A team of professional Bioinformaticians, DB developers, WEB programmers is being assembled for this purpose. The team will be responsible for implementing a Sequence Read Archive (SRA) Library and computational biology analytics tools within HIVE cloud.
Bioinformatician tasks will include programming of computational biology tools, development of new algorithms, adapting existing tools to the HIVE cloud.
- Ph.D in Physics/Math/Biology/Biostatistics or related field
- 2+ years in C/C++ is required. Must have developed a tool/program.
- Expertise in fundamental mathematical models/algorithms
- Solid understanding of bioinformatics concepts: alignments, strings and trees, sequences, clustering methods, biostatistics
- GMOD or Galaxy experience is a significant plus
- Ability to work in different operating systems: Linux, Windows, Mac; development environments: Visual Studio, Eclipse, GCC/GDB;
- Experience in developing parallel and/or multithreaded programs a plus
- Understanding of client/server infrastructure
- Experience with Java, SQL, scripting languages is a plus
- Scientific background in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology is a significant plus.
- Having publications in reviewed journals is a significant advantage
- Ability to work in a collaborative team of highly skilled professionals is a must
- Ability to independently work on parts of a project and implement/maintain libraries and tools associated with sub-projects is a key
- Will be interacting with scientist and regulatory personnel to understand and translate requirements into computationally executable tasks
Please contact Vahan Simonyan to apply, or if you have questions.