GSOC Applications Guide
We would like to know who you are and how you think.
Here's the steps to help you get started:
- Choose an organization to work with.
- Start communicating with the developers.
Please consider adding the following into your application:
- Your information
- Name, email, and website (optional)
- Brief background: education and relevant work experience
- Your programming interests and strengths
- What are your languages of choice?
- Any prior experience with open source development?
- Your interest and background in biology or bioinformatics
- Any prior exposure to biology or bioinformatics?
- Your ideas for a project (an original idea or one expanded from our Ideas Page)
- Provide as much detail as possible
- Strong applicants include an implementation plan and timeline (hint!)
- Refer to and link to other projects or products that illustrate your ideas
- Identify possible hurdles and questions that will require more research/planning
- What can you bring to the team?
Who can apply?
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a full or part-time student at an accredited university as of April 22, 2016
- You must be eligible to work in the non-embargoed country you will reside in during the program
- You have not already participated as a Student in GSoC more than twice