This is the new server for GMOD.org. Please let us know if you notice anything weird while it's getting broken in.
GSOC Applications Guide
We would like to know who you are and how you think.
Here's the steps to help you get started:
- Choose an organization to work with.
- Start communicating with the developers.
Please consider adding the following into your application:
- Your information
- Name, email, and website (optional)
- Brief background: education and relevant work experience
- Your programming interests and strengths
- What are your languages of choice?
- Any prior experience with open source development?
- Your interest and background in biology or bioinformatics
- Any prior exposure to biology or bioinformatics?
- Your ideas for a project (an original idea or one expanded from our Ideas Page)
- Provide as much detail as possible
- Strong applicants include an implementation plan and timeline (hint!)
- Refer to and link to other projects or products that illustrate your ideas
- Identify possible hurdles and questions that will require more research/planning
- What can you bring to the team?
Who can apply?
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a full or part-time student at an accredited university as of April 22, 2016
- You must be eligible to work in the non-embargoed country you will reside in during the program
- You have not already participated as a Student in GSoC more than twice