Community Annotation System
This is placeholder page for the community annotation system information page. The live version of the CAS is running at http://cas.gmod.org/
You can download a copy of the currently running annoation server from here: http://www.gmod.org/live_annotation_server.tar.bz2 (it's big: 1.3GB). Be warned however that this virtual appliance is still quite rough.
Items that are working:
- A recent (pre-1.69) instance of GBrowse, with popup balloons enabled, that provide:
- A gene popup balloon that gives an 'Edit in the wiki' option
- An overview selection balloon that gives an 'Edit in Apollo' option
- A CGI that takes a gene name and copies name, description and synonym data from Chado to the MediaWiki database and then redirects to the newly created page.
- A CGI that takes a chromosomal range and creates GAME-XML and jnlp files and a link to download and run Apollo WebStart.
Items that need to be addressed soon are:
- Make networking generic again (currently it is hard coded to run at CSHL). This should be pretty easy (writing a bash script similar to what Eric wrote for the original Modware VM).
- Address the hard coding of stuff in the Chado -> Mediawiki and Mediawiki -> Chado scripts.
Hook up the cgi for generating GameXML from GBrowse (so that the click to edit with Apollo will work).DONE!
- Documentation, Documentation, Documentation!