This is the new server for GMOD.org. Please let us know if you notice anything weird while it's getting broken in.
Bio::Chado::Schema is a standard DBIx::Class layer for Chado, in Perl. DBIx::Class is an object-relational mapping system similar to other ORMs in other languages, such as Python's SQLAlchemy and Java's Hibernate.
If you use Chado and Perl, please consider contributing to the project. See the Development section below.
Bio::Chado::Schema is a standard set of Perl modules that should work with any database supported by DBIx::Class. So far, it has been used successfully with Chado schemas running on both PostgreSQL and Oracle. Please try it out and report back to the mailing list!
Development of Bio::Chado::Schema uses
git, hosted on GitHub: http://github.com/solgenomics/bio-chado-schema
- Need many more many_to_many relationships throughout. These have to be added manually. If you find one missing that you need, please git clone the repository and send a pull request with it.
- Need more compatibility with BioPerl. Right now you can use a Sequence::Feature as a Bio::SeqI, but that's all. Patches and ideas are welcome, see the BCS discussion page.
- Robert Buels (Sol Genomics Network)
- Naama Menda (Sol Genomics Network)
- Aureliano Bombarely (Sol Genomics Network)
- Jonathan "Duke" Leto (Sol Genomics Network)
API Documentation is in Perl POD format, and can be browsed at http://search.cpan.org/dist/Bio-Chado-Schema
Releases of Bio::Chado::Schema are available on CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Bio-Chado-Schema
Use your preferred CPAN client to install it:
is often sufficient.
|Mailing List Link||Description||Archive(s)|
|Bio::Chado::Schema||gmod-schema||Use the Chado list (gmod-schema) for all Bio::Chado::Schema questions.||Gmane, Nabble (old), Nabble (new, 2010/05+), Sourceforge|