News/GMOD Americas 2011 Report
Revision as of 17:34, 15 March 2011 by Clements
GMOD Americas 2011 is now over. Almost 60 people participated in one or more events during the week.
- Introduction to GMOD Session
- This pre-meeting session introduced the GMOD big picture to over 20 attendees.
- March 2011 GMOD Meeting
- This two-day meeting featured group discussions, Eric Stone's talk on the challenges of Drosophila Genetic Reference Panel, and 15 other talks on project status and direction, component updates, and best practices.
- Satellite Meetings
- The satellite meetings were the most successful yet, with over 20 people in attendance at the various satellites.
- 2011 GMOD Spring Training
- This GMOD course featured new sessions on InterMine and SOBA as well as updated sessions on Apollo, Chado, Galaxy, GBrowse, GBrowse_syn, JBrowse, MAKER, and Tripal. The course was extended by a day and featured work sessions every evening for the first time.