This is the new server for GMOD.org. Please let us know if you notice anything weird while it's getting broken in.
- Mature release
- Active development
- Active support
Quick Start: Tutorial
The Getting Started with JBrowse Tutorial provides a basic step-by-step recipe for quickly getting up and running with JBrowse.
See Installing JBrowse on Mac OS X and Linux for step-by-step installation instructions.
- Perl modules from CPAN:
- General Usage, including information about:
Please direct questions and inquiries regarding JBrowse to the mailing lists below.
In particular, requests for help should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mailing List Link||Description||Archive(s)|
|JBrowse||gmod-ajax||JBrowse help and general questions.||Nabble (2010/05+), Sourceforge|
|jbrowse-dev||JBrowse development discussions.||Nabble (2011/08+)|
The JBrowse source code is kept on GitHub. Please feel very free to fork the source code on GitHub and make modifications and improvements, submitting pull requests. GitHub has a very nice tutorial on how to get started with this style of development.
There is a mailing list for developers, and there is usually a teleconference on the 3rd Monday of the month at 2pm Pacific US time. We welcome participation from Please contact Ian Holmes if you want to participate in the call.
- Talk at the April 21, 2010 UCSC genome browser group ("genecats") meeting.
- JBrowse: A next-generation genome browser - Presentation by Ian Holmes at the August 2009 GMOD Meeting. See the talk's summary for more.
- JBrowse - Presentation by Mitch Skinner at the January 2009 GMOD Meeting. See the talk's summary for more.
- Presentation by Ian Holmes at July 2008 GMOD Meeting. See the talk's summary for more.