GBrowse syn Help
Revision as of 13:17, 7 January 2009 by Mckays
GBrowse_syn User Interface Help
- The landmark input box accepts segment labels in the form:
- In some cases, gene names and other landmarks can also be entered. Support for searching other classes depends on the configuration for the species' data source.
- Note, make sure you have selected the correct reference species before clicking the 'Search' button.
- This is the species that occupies the center panel in the alignment display.
- Alignments for other species are shown with reference to this coordinate system.
- Select the species from the pull-down menu and check boxes (see below) to select which species should be aligned to the reference sequence.
- Configured species (except for the reference species) for the selected data source will be listed here.
- By checking each box, you indicate that alignments for this species, if available, should be displayed relative to the reference species.
- This pull-down menu lists all available data sets configured for the synteny browser.
- Each item in this list corresponds to a sourcename.synconf configuration file.
- If only one data source is available this menu will not appear.
- The default display mode shows the reference species plus two aligned species per panel and repeats the display panel as many times as required to display all aligned species relative to the reference species.
- This mode is best suited to displaying all sequences on roughly the same scale.
- The other display mode is a summary view that shows all species in a single panel.
- The display mode can be toggled between expanded and compact by clicking the link shown above or via a pull-down menu on the "Display Settings" section