GBrowse 2.0 Install Paths
Gbrowse 2.0 typically installs in several different locations. If, for whatever reason, you need to do a manual clean uninstall of all Gbrowse files, you need to clear the following directories. Note that depending on how GBrowse was installed in the first place (ie, CPAN versus apt-get for instance), the paths may be different.
- /etc/gbrowse2/: Holds the language files for help, MobyServices, the themes & various configuration files.
- /usr/local/lib/perl/[perl version]/Bio/Graphics/Browser2: The perl modules which make up the majority of the Gbrowse code.
- /etc/apache2/conf.d/gbrowse2.conf: The apache configuration file.
- /usr/lib/cgi-bin/: CGI scripts for use when the site is running (anything in the source /cgi-bin/ directory).
- /var/tmp/gbrowse2/: Temporary files like sessions, user data, images, etc.